Friday, January 19, 2024

Multisensory math activities: Making a hexaflexagon


I think the biggest difference was to really understand that a hexagon is compounded by 6 triangles! I got so intrigued by how the image was formed that I started to study how the forms and angles are put together to result in a hexagon.









1 comment:

  1. "True! The moment I started creating the hexaflagon, I realized how the forms and angles intricately come together to shape the hexagon. This hands-on experience highlighted the power of multisensory engagement, making mathematical concepts much more accessible and fascinating. It is incredible how getting involved can enhance our understanding of mathematics. Have you found hands-on experiences to be a game-changer in learning math concepts in any other activity? We should explore more to make math more engaging and enjoyable for us and our students!"

    ReplyDelete

Culminating Project: Joseph Problem

Below you can find Julian's and my Culminating Project for EDCP 551. In this video, we talk about our whole trajectory of developing the...